- Trip GradeModerate
- Trip StyleTrekking
- TransportationPrivate Vechiles & Domestic Flight
- MealsBreakfast in cities & full board meals in trek
- Accommodation2 star hotel in cities & tea house / Lodge on trek
- Group Size02 - 16
- Max Altitude5555 M
- Single Supplement150 USD
About Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp trek will treat you with the mix of warm hospitality, mighty mountains, aesthetic landscape, and glaciers. Reaching the base of the tallest summit of the world is an achievement and one is rewarded likewise with spectacular views of peaks like Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, and pass by the highest glacier of the world, Khumbu. Ascending to Kala Patthar is the additional asset of the trek from where one can see the 360-degree panoramic view of the glorious mountains
Everest Base Camp trek is a dream to many. The amazing trails, exotic villages, and magnificent mountain views make this trek phenomenal. You will feel blessed with the pristine views of the highest peak in the world.
The ideal map to the Everest Base Camp Trek Route sketches the path starting officially from Lukla. And to reach there you take a direct flight from Kathmandu. The flight from Kathmandu to Lukla is a 45 minutes electrifying flight which promises you an adrenaline rush.
Starting from the altitude as low as 1300 meters you will walk to the highest point at 5545 meters on this trek. En route, you walk through the popular Sagarmatha National Park, Namche Bazaar, and the Tengboche monastery. And while ascending, you will get to experience something new every single day.
The Buddhists monasteries and the exotic chortens along with the Buddhist prayer flags add to your spiritual satisfaction. They take you to the typical settlements of the Sherpa people where you get to have a close encounter with their everyday activities.
Spending almost two weeks with the Himalayan Sherpas, exploring their ethnicity and uniqueness, the Everest region trek is sure to give you lifetime memories and the best photographs of the trip.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek
You walk to the foot of the highest peak in the world, Mt. Everest(8848 meters)
You hike to Kala Patthar(5170 meters) the famous vantage point for the best views of Mt. Everest and other stunning peaks in Everest region
Collect blessings from Lama in Tengboche monastery, the oldest monastery in Khumbu region
Stroll around the famous business hub- Namche Bazaar
Enjoy the thrilling Lukla flight
Catch sight of stunning Khumbu glacier
Explore diverse flora and fauna in the Sagarmatha National Park
Cherish the warm smiles and hospitality of the Sherpa people
Best time for Everest Base Camp Trek
Autumn (September- November) and Spring (March-May) marks the peak season for the Everest Base Camp trek.
During these seasons, the weather and the temperature are the most favorable. And, offer the trekkers with best memories. At this time, you will have the least chances of rain, storms, and snow. So, you will get to enjoy the trek to the fullest.
And the temperature is quite bearable where you will feel neither too hot nor too cold. Days are generally hot while nights are chilling but pleasant. Also, due to less precipitation, you will get to enjoy the sharp, undisturbed views of the peaks and surrounding landscapes.
Plus, during the spring season, you will be awe-stricken by the forests lighting up in rhododendrons and magnolias in the lower elevations on the trek. During these months you will get to walk past the Sagarmatha National Park smiling at its best.
However, the trek is possible in the summer and winter season as well. During summer, you may have to encounter rain and muddy trails with leech attacks. While in winter you may feel much cold in the diminishing temperatures.
But if you pack well, take proper training, and walk positively then this trek is possible during this time too.
Difficulty during Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp trek is a moderate grade trek in the slopes and rocky terrains of the Khumbu valley.
On this trek, you walk for around 10-12 days on the high altitudes. Every day you cover around 15 km on the route. So, many think this trek to be much difficult and undoable. But with the appropriate Trek packing List and the good stamina with a healthy heart, this trek is not difficult at all.
But, you must be very careful while ascending on the route. You must walk gradually and maintain your pace. Take enough rest and stay hydrated. Otherwise, you have a high chance of getting altitude sicknessEverest Base camp trek.
Plus, since the weather of the mountains is really unpredictable you may have to face frequent weather changes there. The weather changes swiftly every hour. So, a warm sunny morning could bring dark clouds, snow, and blizzards. So, you must go prepared to encounter any possible hindrances during the trek.
Walk cautiously! Pack well and prepare yourself physically and mentally for any possible difficulties. Then you will complete this trek in success and contentment.
Also, during the trek in peak seasons, you may find difficulty in finding rooms and convenient flights for the trip. So, it is better to book the trip in advance.
Share us about your trip in advance, so that we can arrange and customize the trip as per your preference.
Note: Weather in Everest is unpredictable so there is high chances of delayed as well as cancellation of the scheduled flight. The rate of flight delay and cancellation in high at Lukla. During your journey, if flight cancellation happens you have to spend an extra night at Lukla/Ktm (if you are coming back to Kathmandu or going to Lukla). So, we request to spare a couple of days if you are planning to trek in the Everest region so that you will not miss your international flight. Helicopter rescue can also an option but it cost you more.
- Day 1:Arrival at Kathmandu 1,350m.
- Day 2:Fly to Lukla (2,800m) 30 mins and trek to Phakding (2,652m) 3 hrs. Walk.
- Day 3:Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440m). 5 - 6 hrs walk.
- Day 4:Rest Day at Namche Bazaar .4 - 5hrs walk.
- Day 5:Trek to Tengboche (3,870m). 5 - 6 hrs walk.
- Day 6:Trek to Dingboche (4,360m). 5 - 6 hrs walk.
- Day 7:Acclimatization at Dingboche.
- Day 8:Trek to Lobuche (4,940m). 4 – 5 hrs walk.
- Day 9:Trek to Gorak Shep (5,170m) - Everest Base Camp (5,364m) and Back Gorak Shep. 7 - 8 hrs walk.
- Day 10:Morning Kalapatthar sunrise and trek down to Pheriche (4,280m). 7 - 8 hrs walk.
- Day 11:Trek down to Pangboche-Tengboche-Namche Bazaar (3,440m). 5 - 6 hrs walk.
- Day 12:Trek down to Lukla (2,800m). 6 - 8 hrs. walk.
- Day 13:Fly Back to Kathmandu.
- Day 14:Departure to International Airport.
- Tourists class transportation to and from the airport and hotel.
- Both ways Flights tickets Kathmandu –Lukla-Kathmandu.
- 2 Nights standards Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Trekking lodge /Teahouse accommodations during the trek.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek.
- Government Licensed Holder trekking guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Flight, and insurance.
- Porter during the Trekking (1 Potter for 2 trekkers) with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, and insurance.
- All necessary paperwork, Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit, Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) including local Tax, Government tax & official expenses.
- Sleeping bag, down Jacket & Duffel Bag (if you do not have your own, to be returned after trip completion).
- Supporter guide group size above 8+ people.
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag.
- Farewell Dinner & Trekking Achievement Certificate.
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu city.
- Extra night accommodation and meals if early departure from the mountain.
- Excess baggage more than 10kg for Lukla flight.
- Nepal visa fee (You can apply for Online or you can easily issue the visa on arrival at International Airport Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance (necessary).
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks & all desserts sweet things.
- Hot shower and battery charging in trekking Mountains.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in including section.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is voluntary).
I spent very memorable days in the Everest region in Nepal. I used to dream to see this highest peak of the world and now I arrested it in my camera. My guide arranged everything and helped me a lot. He did not let me feel tired and boring. I ...Read More
I choose Index Adventure because I have multiple friends that used this company and recommended them. So far they have best customer service. The manager you will message with from abroad was super organized and replied within 24 hours. Weldon arranged me with those things transportation, flight and trekking gears ...Read More
We experienced excellent customer service from this company.in Kathmandu, there are tons of adventure companies to choose from but it can be hard to differentiate but we did this one certainly. The trip was incredible and at any moment if I needed to contact Keshab he would reply almost immediately. ...Read More
I highly recommend Index adventure as a trekking company. I have the poise that their experienced guides would improve the enjoyment and safety of any trek which they provide service. During the trek planning, I had many questions for keshab .he was always enormously patient, responsive and helpful. From the since ...Read More